Subject: ANNOUNCE: new charset soups (ISO 8859, Cyrillic, Unicode, Euro, ...)

From: Roman Czyborra <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 23:57:31 +0000

This is to announce that I have moved and spiced up
my webpage on ISO 8859 and now I can proudly offer you:

	The ISO 8859 Alphabet Soup
	with all the latest news up until ISO-8859-15
	special guest: the Euro sign
	http://czyborra.com/charsets/iso8859.html

	The Cyrillic Charset Soup  NEW! HOT! UNIQUE! BLINK!
	the history of KOI-8 (the Russian ASCII) & Co.
	slightly opinionated towards KOI8 Unified and Unicode
	http://czyborra.com/charsets/cyrillic.html

	Good ole' ASCII
	a few words on ISO-646 (US-ASCII and its national variants)
	and the development towards ISO-10646 (Unicode)
	http://czyborra.com/charsets/iso646.html

	Codepage & Co.
	a superficial introduction to Bill's code page jungle
	http://czyborra.com/charsets/codepages.html

	Encoding Vietnamese
	a graphical illustration of VISCII (RFC 1456)
	http://czyborra.com/charsets/vietnamese.html

Please update your links to the old locations
http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~czyborra/charsets/ and
http://wwwwbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~czyborra/charsets/.
http://czyborra.com/ is there to stay permanently.

That was the good news.  Enjoy!

The bad news is that my promised Unicode-HOWTO for Linux is horribly
delayed.  It is still far from having grown to a publishable state. 
My original time frame turned out to be a bit too optimistic.  I
haven't even gotten back to all the celebrities who sent suggestions. 
Good things may come to those who wait, though. 

Cheers, Roman